Have you ever had a craving for a certain dish, but you wanted to make it healthy?
This is my dilemma. I had a taste for air fried tofu with broccoli tater tots.
Being plant based, I am always looking for recipes that I can veganize.
When I am in need of a great resource, I turn to my favorite site Google.
I found a recipe titled 4 ingredient
broccoli tater tots. Not only can I make these today, I can make them and freeze them for later. I can have them as a side with a future meal. It is a win-win situation for me.
For this recipe, I substituted the russet potatoes with sweet potatoes.
I substituted two bags of frozen broccoli with two bags of broccoli and cauliflower.
I did not use olive oil.
I adjusted my oven temperature to 425 degrees for 40 minutes, but they were not as crispy as I prefer. After cooking for the even for 40 minutes at the above temperature, I decided to place the broccoli tater tots inside of the air fryer to cook to my desired crispness.
I add more salt free seasonings.
The 4 Ingredients Broccoli Tater Tots recipe comes from She Likes Food Healthy Easy Delicious. If you are interested in making the 4 Ingredient Broccoli Tater Tots + Recipe Video – She Likes Food. Here it is. I printable copy is available if you click the recipe title.
Four Ingredient Broccoli Tater Tots
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Yield: 40 1x
- Category: Side, Gluten Free, Vegan
- 3 large russet potatoes (I used sweet potatoes)
- 2 (14 ounce) bags frozen broccoli florets that have been thawed, or 8 cups steamed broccoli florets (I used two bags of frozen broccoli florets and cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Olive oil
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for 20-30 minutes, until fork tender but still have some give in the middle. Drain water and let potatoes cool until they are comfortable to handle. It’s best if they are still warm.
- Once potatoes are warm enough to handle, remove the skins either with your fingers or with a potato peeler.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grate potatoes on the large side of a box grater and place into a large bowl.
- Place the broccoli into a food processor and blend until it’s in very small pieces, 30 seconds – one minute. You may need to do it in two batches. Place broccoli onto a kitchen towel and squeeze all excess water out.
- Add the broccoli to the grated potatoes along with the salt and mix everything together. Make sure to mix very well because if you have pockets that are mainly broccoli the tater tots won’t form together as well.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use your hands to form small cylinders with the mixture. Use about 1 tablespoon per tater tot. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Brush the top of each tater tot with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle each one with salt. Bake tater tots until browned a crispy, about 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway though.
Recipes makes 30-40 tater tots depending on how big you make them.
These tots freeze very well. Freeze before you cook them and make sure to separate them so they don’t stick together. Can be frozen up to 3 months in an air tight container.
Source: COPYRIGHT © 2021 SHE LIKES FOOD
WEB DESIGN BY VIVA LA VIOLET
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER OF MEDIAVINE FOOD
What was my family thoughts about the broccoli tater tots?
Using the above substitutions that I mentioned, my family enjoyed them. We had only twelve tots left the next day.
I will definitely make these again for my family using the same substitutions that I made to the recipe.
It is a favorite of my husband and me.
If you make the 4 ingredient broccoli tater tots, please let me know.
I would love to hear your thoughts about the recipe.
Live Life to The Fullest, You Deserve It!!!!
My name is Denise. I am a wife and mother. I have homeschooled for a total of nine years. I enjoy homeschooling and sharing my advice with others. I have been married for a total of 15 years to my best friend, handsome, and supportive husband Tim. Besides being a wife, I am the mother to two smart, fun, loving, and handsome boys Tyron and Tyson. I am the mother to two fur babies my Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) Ebony and Shaka Zulu. Along with being a wife and mother, I am a blogger and entrepreneur. My blog website is www.deveghomemama.com , and it is all about homeschooling, being plant based, and everyday life of a homeschool family. In addition, I have an online business called Deveghomemama Unlimited Custom Designs where I sell custom and handcrafted merchandise. If you would like to view my merchandise, here is the link https://www.deveghomemama.com/unlimited-custom-designs. If you would like to follow me on my social media outlet, they are Facebook and Instagram: Deveghomemama Facebook Business: Deveghomemama Unlimited Custom Designs. Recently, I opened an Etsy Store titled DeveghomemamaUCD where I sell handcrafted jewelry, natural bath and body gift baskets, wax melts, and apparel. Here is the direct link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeveghomemamaUCD