Are you nervous about sending your child to public school right now with Covid and the uncertainties of of our current health climate?
The number of calls are increasing daily of those families in South Carolina whose children are NOT in public school and are unsure of other educational options.
If you find yourself in this situation then know that you CAN LEGALLY HOMESCHOOL your OWN child(ren).
While there are THREE Options you can choose from let me inform you of Option 3 legal homeschooling requirements in South
My name is Angela Jordan Perry. I am the owner/operator/director of United Community of Homeschoolers Unlimited, LLC . (www.UCHUnlimited.com)
I give families legal status to home educate their children in the
state of South Carolina.
Here are the facts you need to know in order to began your child’s academics in the home TODAY.
South Carolina Option 3 Law – SECTION 59-65-47 (summarized.)
- Parent/legal guardian must join an Option 3 homeschool association.
- Parent/legal guardian must have a GED, high school diploma or college degree in order to homeschool.
- Parent/Legal guardian’s instruction year must be at least 180 days. Your homeschool year DOES NOT have to begin nor end on the public school schedule.
- Parent/Legal guardian’s curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the basic instructional areas of math, science, social studies, reading, writing; and in 7th-12th grade composition, literature.
- Parent/legal guardian must maintain the following records:
(1) a plan book, diary, or other record indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and parent-teacher engage;
(2) a portfolio of samples of the student’s academic work; and
(3) a semiannual progress report including attendance records and individualized documentation of the student’s academic progress in each of the basic instructional areas specified in item (c) above.
Want to learn more?
Request my Zoom recording that will explain homeschooling in more detail. FREE of charge.
Desire to speak with me right away? Choose a day and time from my virtual calendar to learn more.
Serving You and Yours!
Peace and Blessings,
Angela Jordan Perry,
United Community of Homeschoolers Unlimited, LLC
Angela Jordan Perry is a homeschooling Mom of eight children since the year 2000, mentor, coach, entrepreneur, owner of United Community of Homeschoolers Unlimited, LLC (Option 3 Accountability Association in South Carolina); host of Girlfriends’ Guide to Homeschooling with Angela Jordan Perry YouTube show; podcast/host of Girlfriends Chat with Angela Jordan Perry; Founder/Executive Director of Educating Our Own; Mocha Homeschooling Moms-SC co-founder; founder/creator of The Homeschool Upstart (online homeschool course); host/founder The Homeschool Upstart Podcast; Toastmasters Competent Communicator recipient and racial injustice activist. Angela and her family makes their home in Greer, SC. Angela’s purpose driven life is to make a positive impact on 1,000s of homeschoolers worldwide.