United Christian Homeschoolers of the Upstate email support group is having a:
Winter Festival and Student Bake-Off
Friday, December 5
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Contact me directly for location details.
This was a GREAT SUCCESS last year!!
Please respond to me, Angela P., UCHU owner/moderator
Category(ies) of entry
How many items per entry
Total entry amount fee($) student/parent is expect to provide
(I’m not sure where brownies would categorize as. Thoughts?)
Here are the basic details:
1. $2 entry fee required per item, per student 🙂 1st place cash prizes will be awarded. Ribbons to all 2nd, 3rd place winners will be awarded.
2. Students can enter as many categories as they desire. With several items in a category
3. Students must make the item themselves with no help from parents other than putting the item into the oven and taking it out. If you’d like to practice together before hand then that is great. BUT the actual item to be entered into the competition must be done exclusively by the student.
4. No age limit as long as the above #3 detail item is met
5. The students’ bake goods must be from scratch (i.e. no boxed items, already made crusts are okay.)
6. Ribbons will be awarded in each category for all levels. But 1st place winners in each category will receive a cash prize.
7. We must have at least two students registered in a category for it to be a viable category
8. This can count as a home economics credit, providing you add more study or curriculum base to this 🙂
9. Provide the recipe along with the item when entering at the competition
The items will be judged on:
Plan of events (thus far):
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. set-up tables and selling stations (no school books this time)
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Bake off competition!
Judges will have final call as they utilize score cards for each entry.
Participants will be given an entry number to go along with each entry.
Winter Festival Vendors/Businesses Info:
Tables are available to those homeschooling parents or family member that would like to sell their items at the winter festival.
These funds will go towards the Homeschool Student Bake-Off Cash winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
*promote your business/demonstrate your business
Please forward your vendor details to me, Angela P., UCHU owner/moderator
Questions? Just let me know.
Homeschool Teen Psuedo-Chopped Competition
Info coming soon!!
Save January 2015 open for our 1st annual Psuedo Chopped Competition