Membership Fees are $10.00 a year for a family PLUS $1.00 Paypal transaction fee.
NO matter the size of the family. :)
Registration for membership with UCHU-AA is from June 1 (for current families) and July 1 to October 31 for new families each homeschooling year
***** SPECIAL NOTE: UCHU-AA will accept 9th-12th grades WITH A COMPLETED TRANSCRIPTS WHICH HAS NUMERICAL GRADES, COURSES AND ATTENDANCE RECORDS***
To receive full understanding of requirements for 9th-12th grade students please click HERE. <<<—– click the word *here*
As a member of UCHU-AA your homeschooling family can expect to receive:
* Third-Option accountability according to Section 59-65-47
*Membership cards (2) providing proof of your homeschooling status unless it is a single parent family.
* An acceptance letter
* Up-to-date information regarding the laws of home educating in our state as we receive those updates and are aware of them
* High School transcripts that are in line with the Commission of Higher Education (parents must provide numerical grades, courses and attendnace by January 15 and May 15 of each high schooling year). You may submit your own transcript as outlined above.
Otherwise, I will be happy to complete your student’s transcript at a fee of $10 + $1 paypal fee.
* An UCHU-AA issued high School Diploma (at a fee)
* Report cards for each child (parents must send in grades at the end of the year) (at a fee)
*DMV letter (no fee)
*Graduation commencement for kindergarten and high school seniors, with a recognition of advancing fifth graders as well as eighth graders.
* Counseling and encouragement as needed along your home educating journey.
* Membership into UCHU-Email Support Group
What you can expect from UCHU-AA:
* NO required testing.
* NO requirement of curriculum you must use
*NO request to know what curriculum you are using
* NO requirement of how many hours in a day you must teach
* NO extra paperwork
* NO intrusion in your home educating methods
* Our freedoms to be exercised to deny or not except any application for reasons UCHU-AA deems valid
What UCHU-AA expects of its members:
* Compliance withstate requirements according to Section 59-65-47 to include:
– a parent must hold at least a high school diploma or a GED;
– the instructional home educating year is at least 180 days;
– subjects of study includes, but not limited to, reading, writing, math, social studies, and science, and in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature;
– education records must be maintained by the parent- teacher and include:
– a plan book, diary or other record indicating subjects taught and activities in which the student and parent-teacher engage;
-a portfolio of samples of the student’s academic work; and
– a semiannual progress report including attendance records and individualized documentation of the student’s academic progress in each of the basic instructional areas specified above (reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies and in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature)